Monday, February 23, 2009

Tag! You're it!

This weekend I ran the Cherry Hill 10 Mile Relay in Prospect Park, Brooklyn.  The most difficult thing about this run was getting to Brooklyn. Being that I'm from Queens, I don't go to Brooklyn.  Ever.  Under any circumstances.  It is something that is in my blood, inherently built into my genetic make up.

And yet, on Sunday morning, after very little sleep, a little too much Sapporro, and just a touch of jet lag, I got on the train to go to Prospect Park.  And then I got lost.  

Alas, the relay was fantastic.  It was fun being part of a team (Go Chicks with Kicks!) and only being accountable for 3.2 miles of a 10 mile race.  Do they do marathons as relays?

On a side note, let me just publicly extend my thanks to all of you who continue to donate to this wonderful cause!  We are getting so much closer! 

Stay tuned for more updates!

2 comments:

kiMbO said...

you're awesome!!

Unknown said...

Just read this post... and yes, they do marathons as relays - or at least, the big annual marathon in Dallas can be run as a relay. :) You should look into it for next fall.