Monday, March 16, 2009

NYRR 8000 Meter and our Super Cool Fundraiser!


This weekend was fantastic. On Friday, Grande and I had our co-fundraiser at the Gin Mill! I would have loved to have seen all of you there, partaking in the open bar and general festivities. It was wildly successful. We were able to raise about $200 each, which is fantabulous, and puts us both so much closer to our respective fundraising goals! Thanks to everyone who come out and played with us!

Saturday morning, I was almost surprised to see Grande at the start, as she has never quite made it to a race before people have already started running. Add this to the fact that she was not quite herself the night before led me to utter shock when she arrived!

Grande had a FABULOUS race day, bringing her mile average under 10 minutes! Hooray!

I had a decent race day, maintaining my average and enjoying running my very first race in shorts!

For the most part, training is going well, although I kind of fell off the horse when my dad was in the hospital! Although I've mostly maintained my running, I've still got a long way to go before race day. I'd like to bring my time down to a Grande like average, but I'm glad I'm just running at all!

Hooray for my roomie, R, who raised the $500 she needed to for her Team in Training race, the Scotland 10k on April 11th! She raised all of her money in about 3 weeks! Hooray!

I have LESS THAN A MONTH until my fundraising is due! We have come a REALLY long way, but we're still about $1500 away! Thanks to all of you who have helped with my battle against blood cancers! Encourage your friends and loved ones, and well, even hated ones, to contribute to my battle as well! Remember that ANY amount helps at all!

P.S. Check out my friend Liz -- her race day is this SUNDAY!

No comments: