Friday, May 8, 2009

Here We Go Again!

I don't know what to say. I really don't. I can't find the words. I thought I was going to harmlessly go help distribute TNT packets for the new season and get to ask some questions. Somehow, by the end of the night, I had signed up to run another marathon and raise another $4000!

Maybe it is because there are people who are going through chemotherapy who are doing the race. Maybe it is because I watched/am watching my father battle cancer right now. Maybe it is because I am so lucky to be healthy enough to run a marathon.

Here's what I know: There isn't a cure. But there will be. And I want to be part of the solution, with all of you.

I know times are tight. I know you are saying, "Wait a minute, didn't she just DO this? I JUST Gave her money? Jeez!!!"

You're right, so here is what I'm asking. Give me $5 if you can spare it. That's a week's worht of soda's in the SoBro or like half a starbuck's coffee. You don't have to give much, just give what you can. (however, if any of you are independently wealthy, by all means, please give more.)

Encourage your pals to gave $5! If 1000 people gave just $5, I could raise well over my minimum!

I am going to do this again, because it changed my life, and the lives of those around me.

So, without further ado, I bring you marathon season two!

1 comment:

kiMbO said...

$5 = 1 week of sodas in SoBro... try like 2 days!! you should ask the firehouse if they'll let you put a donation bucket. also, charge kids to use the bathroom and for being late. muahahaha. you are amazing!!